UPrint: How to Upload Your Own Design
You can now upload your own designs on UPrint.
NOTE: BEFORE YOU UPLOAD A FILE TO BE PRINTED, BE SURE THAT IT INCLUDES A 0.125in BLEED
- Go to uprint.utah.edu and click “My Account” to log in.
- Next click on "Home" and select “shop now” underneath either University of Utah, or U of U Health.
- This will take you to the catalog. Scroll down and click on the “Upload you own” tile.
- Next select what type of job you want to print. For example, I know that I want to upload a postcard that uses color, so I’ll select “Color Jobs”.
- This page shows common documents. If you don’t see the document you need, click on “Common Sizes”.
- Select the size of your document. I want to print a 6 x 4 postcard, so I’ll select 6 x 4.
- Next, upload your design by clicking and dragging your pdf document to the “Upload” button.
- The button will change to say “Drag Files Here”
- A window will pop up showing where you want the document cut after printing.
- If the placement is good, click save.
- The image on your screen is my postcard’s proof. This postcard has 2 sides, front and back.
- To see the back of the card, click on 2.
- If everything looks good, click “Proceed to Order” and “Approve”
- Next type in the order quantity. I will order 200 cards.
- Next select the paper option you want this printed on. I’ll select “HS Sterling, Premium Gloss Cover 100# White 13x19” paper.
- Next select what inks are needed for the front and back images.
- Since this card has color on the front, I’ll keep the front inks as “Full Color”.
- The image on the back of the card is only black and white, so I will change the back inks to “Black Only”.
- Next select what type of proof you want. As you remember, the image shown on your screen before approving the card was considered your proof, but you can request a PDF proof, or a physical proof by selecting a “Digital Press Proof”. If you select this proof, your job will not be printed until you approve the physical document.
- The document’s final price will show on your screen.
- Next, click "Add to Cart".
- The job has been added to your Cart.
- In the “Memo” line, type in the name of the job. I’ll type in ‘6x4 Postcards’.
- Next click “Proceed to Checkout” and checkout like normal—select the delivery address, choose the production turnaround time and delivery method, select your payment method by either inputting a chartfield, or enter your phone number to pay over the phone.
- Enter your project name. I’ll type in 6x4 postcard, and click “Continue”.
- This will bring you to the review page. If you have special instructions, type them in the special instructions box.
- Please note that special instructions that affect the document’s design or require you to approve a new proof will postpone your delivery delivery date.
- If everything looks good, click “Place Your Order”
- You'll receive an email confirmation that your order is placed.