Physical activity is an important component to your physical and mental health. However, managing a busy schedule and being active can be difficult. When you’re juggling work, school, family, friends and more, it can be hard to find time to get a workout in. However, just because you can’t fit in a full workout, doesn’t mean you can’t be active. There are many ways to manage both! We’ve prepared the guide below to help you get started:
- Take your family on a walk
- Family walks offer an opportunity to bond while staying active. It allows parents and spouses to have some face time with one another without distractions. You can also make it fun by exploring new places.
- Walk your dog
- Walking your dog is another great way to stay active. It helps both you and your dog get needed exercise. Your dog is sure to thank you for it!
- 10-minute work outs
- 10-minute work outs are a great way to make use of your down time. You can do them on your own, or follow a YouTube video! It’s a great way to maximize your time while staying active.
- Tune in to fitness
- Have a show that you’ve been dying to watch? Need to catch up on your favorite podcast? Use your gym time as an opportunity to do both! Lift some weights, do some yoga, or spend some time on the treadmill while you watch.
- Walk instead of drive
- Create more active time in your day by opting to walk to your destination instead of driving. This is a great way to stay active and save on gas money. Biking is also a great alternative (remember to wear that helmet!).
- Ditch the chair
- Working in an office doesn’t mean you need to be glued to your chair all day. Try walking and talking. Try taking meetings from your phone, or even investing in a standing desk. Some workplaces even have areas where you can walk and work.
- Take the stairs.
- Taking the stairs is a great way to elevate your heartrate during a workday. They’re a great alternative to the elevator, so take them when you can!
Top image by PNW Production